Monday, May 21, 2012

irresistible cheeks!
Date Night at PF Changs - so much fun! 
Yesterday, Colin got up at 3:30 to head east for a deep sea fishing trip with his coworkers. As they started off, they learned that the trip was canceled because the waves were too high. He was disappointed, but it turned out to be a fun day. The wives and kids had planned on a group play date while the husbands were gone, so instead we all just joined together at the splash pad. Here are Grace and Haley posing.
Buddies, Emma and Erin chillin' in the stroller.
Mr. Jack getting splashed!
This is the best he could give me when I asked him to stop and smile.
Grace had lots of fun running around and splashing.
Jack, Erin, and Finn
I love water!
Running around and around
Loving the fountains
Grace laughing at me being silly.
Rapunzel
All of their shirts today said "Happy Camper".
Miss Mischief getting into the dog bowls and KNOWING she isn't supposed to!
Jack on Mother's Day
Our tradition on Mother's Day is to have brunch at Disney. Erin LOVED her breakfast! She had eggs, biscuits, Mickey waffles, and potatoes. 
Ready to take mommy out to breakfast! 
I thought this picture was sweet too! 
Cheese! 
Daddy and Gracie. I think I captured a moment here! <3
Mr. Jack waiting patiently for Mickey to make an appearance (he never did). 
Posing with my new running shoes. Love them.
sisters 
mmmmm...grass!
My Mother's Day gift from Gracie.
Grace was on the look out for Mickey during the entire breakfast. She was still and serious the whole time. Poor girl is still petrified of anything in costume. From the time we pulled into the parking lot, she said, "Go back home. Bye bye, Mickey."
Fort Wilderness Lodge
Jack is really into dressing up these days. He is dying for a pair of cowboy boots and a cowboy hat lately. He's been wearing blue warm up pants, a long sleeved red t-shirt (despite the 90+  degree weather), and his brown crocs because he thinks he looks like a cowboy... The outfit he is sporting in this picture is  24 months, and Gracie's is  9 months. He dug them up somewhere for some dressing up. He came running down the hall yelling, "I'm the Purdue man!" 
Okay, our house is nuts! There is no denying that. I can't make this stuff up! I left the kitchen for less than a minute to clean up, and return to Jack doing some gymnastics up our wall. He LITERALLY is climbing the walls! This kid has energy like I've never seen in any kid (and I see a lot of kids!).
Spiderman jammies from Great Grandma McCormick
Happiness out of the bathtub 
She's become Little Miss High Maintenance in the mornings when I'm trying to get ready! 
Gracie eating pizza.
Sister bath time
Grace can escape her crib. For 2 mornings, this is where she chose to get her last few minutes of sleep.  I woke up to the sound of stirring coming from the monitor, flipped the screen on, and saw her cozying up to baby Erin. 
"You can no longer contain me in this silly seat!"
Not a lot is new around here. The school year is winding down quickly. I'm really looking forward to my summer vacation and being at home. Jack is (like I mentioned above) really into imagination, dress up, etc. The other morning he put 2 chairs on their sides in a row and told Grace it was a fire truck. They would ride to the fire (making the siren sounds), get out of the truck, then the chair was moved in an upward position to make the ladder. They would put out the fire, then get back in the truck. He has a big imagination. He still LOVES books, which is great. Dr. Seuss is his current author of choice. The big thing with Gracie is she is finally really starting to talk in sentences and be able to communicate much better. She is also getting her 2 year molars. Colin and I had quite the night last week. Grace was up screaming in pain much of the night from her teeth, Erin was coughing every few seconds, and then Jack was up and petrified when a book came crashing off of his book shelf, waking him out of a deep sleep. It was an eventful and sleepless night! Erin is all over the place, crawling, pulling up, cruising. She laughs and smiles constantly. She is so joyful and such a blessing!! Please scroll down to make a donation toward my Team in Training fundraising goal. Running has been really good lately. I'm 10 lbs. from my pre-Jack weight, which excites me in ways I can't even describe in words, after being HUGE and pregnant. I need to figure out how to upload my iPhone videos. For some reason it doesn't work lately. I have some good ones! I hope everyone has a great week!!

2 comments:

JANET said...

Awe... So sweet. I am laughing at all the shenanigans and dad said " what's so funny?" so I re-read the blog and we laugh together again!! Thanks babe for taking the time to document all these important, funny days!! Love you! Mom

Grandma/Mom said...

GREAT PICTURES. Jack looks to have 2 qualities of a gymnast...strong and fearless!!